Disclaimer notice: All the content posted at this blog is fictional and any similarities to real life occurrences are purely coincidental.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Coffee (The Shorty Story) by Danny.

Oh no. oh Nooooo! Not again.


I’ve got that nighttime coffee craving again.


I feel like a werewolf looking up at a bright, round, full moon with its radiating glow spanning the sky.


That coffee does something strange to me. I need a cuppa’ jo now.


I’ve got to have a drink.


Maybe it’s more like the feeling a vampire has as he longs for fresh, warm, coffee. I meant blood.
Only that coffee can give me the fix I need. Only that dark, delightful, but vile coffee can sooth my soul.


But one drink won’t last me forever. I’ll still need to go out and devour more of this delicious substance.


Like an addict. I want it. I need it. I’ve got to have it.


And then I find an annoying pop-up ad on my computer that says:

“Enjoy premium coffee from the comfort of your home with membership to the Gevalia Coffee Club. You'll love Gevalia coffee or it's free!”


Great. Problem solved. I’ll order it. But who knows how long shipping will take. Problem not solved. Satisfaction delayed. I must wait. And wait. And wait? No. That isn’t for me. I need a quick fix java.


Oh no… Noooooo! Not again. I’m out of coffee. The kitchen is filled with food, but nothing a vampire could eat. Only coffee will do. I see a pack of instant coffee. Oh no. That won’t do. That won’t do at all.


Do you think a ravaging meat-eating T-Rex dinosaur would enjoy a vegetarian diet of grass? Yeah, I didn’t think so. Nor could a coffee addict enjoy a cup of instant coffee. It’s weak. It’s puny. It’s not good enough. It won’t work. It won’t do it.


Starbucks? No. It is too commercial. It’s too main stream. McDonalds? Closed this time of night.
I’ll go the West End Pancake House where they serve fresh hot brew 24 hours a day.
I’ll have my drink of coffee.


Sounds boring, right? But you’re wrong. You don’t know how wrong you are.
What happened when Spiderman got bitten by some atomic spider? He transformed. He got powers.


I’m not like any guy. Coffee does something to me.


During the day, I’m a simple regular drinking coffee guy. During the night, I’m a crime-fighting superhero. Yes. That is right. You now know my secret identify. I’m Coffee Man.
I gain special, unique powers when I drink a special blend of coffee. It does something to me. Let’s just say it gives me set of skills that makes me uncannily different from any average cup of joe.


Super fast? Yes. I can go super fast… when I push the pedal down in my car that is. A super high dose of caffeine could make a person do that. But coffee doesn’t have the same effect on me as it does others.


Invisibility. Sure. Why not? I can pretend that coffee makes me invisible. As long as no one catches me I’m invisible, right? If a tree crashes in a forest and no one hears it? Does it exist? I remember defiantly writing “yes” to that question when I knew good and well that my 8th grade music teacher would mark it wrong. She can mark my paper wrong, but she can’t change my belief system. She can keep the F. I’m going to keep my own set of beliefs.

To be continued. Find out what coffee does to the Danny in tomorrow’s blog.
Same coffee time. Same coffee blog.

1 comment: